This year, we've been investing a lot of time, energy and effort into improving the Bluethumb artist profile tools and experience. These improvements are all designed to help make being a Bluethumb artist more enjoyable, and easier.
It's our hope that by using these features, and following our advice on how to get the most out of them - are you watching our artist webinars and keeping up with the latest blog news? - your artworks will attract more visitors, and more sales. Plus hopefully free up a little more time for painting 🎨
Along with the changes launched so far this year - read all about those here and here - we're excited to launch (well, kind of launch) 3x new exciting artist features.
I say kind of, as these tools are currently in a testing or beta phase with only a small handful of artists. This is to help ensure we gauge early feedback on usability issues or improvements 'in the wild' before we open these up to a wider group of Bluethumb artists.
If you were selected to be a part of the testing group, thanks again for being a guinea pig! If not, hold tight for now - we'll be sure to let our artists know when these become available via the fortnightly Artist Newsletters.
1) In The Studio > your own blog on Bluethumb 🤳
- Our collectors love to get behind the scenes; they're always asking for more info on our artists!
- Show off your studio, paintings in progress, latest musings etc.
- This is a great tool to help take your fans and followers into the studio
- Sharing your story and painting methods is a great way to help potential collectors establish an initial connection with you and your work
- Your In The Studio posts will appear on your artist profile page, between Sold and Bio just below your profile image
- Note - as this is an early version, existing posts cannot be edited
To get started:
Visit bluethumb.com.au/my/profile and click on the In The Studio button on the top right of the screen.
2) Profile Gallery > so much more than a headshot 👩🎨👨🏻🤦♀️
- Help your profile (I hate this word though am going to say it...) pop with the addition of your own carousel image gallery
- Choose your 5x favourite artworks to appear proudly next to your profile info
- This is a great way to present your strongest works in a much larger, more eye catching format than the smaller listings squares beneath
To get started:
Visit bluethumb.com.au/my/artworks and click on Profile Gallery - it's second in the list just beneath Available Artworks.
3) Artworks tracker > view individual artwork analytics 🔬
- One of the most common artist queries is: how can I tell which of my artworks is resonating the most with people?
- Well we've listened, and are excited to present a new artwork tracker
- This provides the visibility to view Impressions, Views, Favourites, Add To Carts and Shares at an individual artwork level
- Need a refresher on what all of that means? Just click here
- We're really excited to be able to offer this deeper layer of analysis to artists
- Note - as this is an early version, please report back if you feel there are discrepancies or errors with the reporting
To get started:
Visit bluethumb.com.au/my/dashboard and scroll down. You'll find the report on the bottom left below the Recognition report table.